24 November 2009

Google Notebook for Firefox 3.6

Officially, Google dropped support for the Notebook extension with version 3.0 of Firefox, but you were able to get it working in Firefox 3.5 with this hack.

However, I've been using the Firefox 3.6 Beta for a while now, and the performance is degraded.  The extension seems to still allow you to bookmark a page without going to http://notebook.google.com, but the popup doesn't register any mouseclicks.

I'm currently in the process of creating a Firefox dev environment, just to keep this extension working -- that's one way to cut my teeth on Firefox extension development, I guess. :P

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:58 PM

    Good job! Try harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:06 PM

    Great to find out about! Have you made any progress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, i'm really lookginf forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't made any progress yet, but I'm still trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I hope you "get 'er done!!", 'cause I can't keep 3.6 on my system if I can't use Google Notes -- no way, no how!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mdm-adph any progress? looking forward to your development success

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:28 PM

    I'm not sure if it's the latest FF update (3.6.2 at the time of writing) or something else, but I got gnote extension working again. I've downloaded latest original .xpi file, set to 3.9.* and installed it. Works like a charm so far.

    ReplyDelete