21 March 2008

A Wee Spot of Fun

I usually never catch on to "Post this particular thing" fads, but this one was just too fun to pass up.

I got it from a Domino-related blog I recently started reading, and it goes something like this:
1. Go to Wikipedia’s random article page. The first article you get is the name of your band.
2. Go to the Random Quotations page. The last four words of the last quote is the album title.
3. Go to Flickr’s Interesting photo page. Third picture, no matter what it is, is your album cover.
4. Put it all together to make an album cover. Either crop it to CD cover size, or just use the raw image itself … the only rule is you’re only allowed to add the album title and artist title.

My Wikipedia page was (a stub?) about the Emperor of Romania; my quote was one by James Thurber: "Nowadays men lead lives of noisy desperation"; my photo was a (rather stunning) one by LaraJade.

And what do you get when you combine 'em all up?



Rather nice, if I do say so myself! I can just see it now: "Ladies and Gentlemen... Presenting the Emperor of Romania!!"

(All crappy photo manipulation was done in the GIMP -- all work is protected under Fair Use laws.

1 comment: